Senator Arthur Ellis
Progressive Democrat Working for Charles County
Arthur Ellis, a Disabled Veteran, has been a resident of Charles County for the past 27 years. During this time, he has developed a passion for public service and has been at the forefront of community change throughout Charles County. With the support of his wife Rosalind and their two adult children Rachel and Myles, Arthur seeks to provide swift legislative reform to Charles County residents as a member of the Maryland Senate. Arthur is a lifelong Progressive Democrat and a contributing member of the Democratic National Committee.
In my first four years as your Senator, I was the primary sponsor of 77 bills and grant initiatives. These are some of the results of those bills and grants:
1. Waldorf Urban park and Amphitheatre. Build the first park in downtown Waldorf, Maryland 4th largest city with over 80,000 residents. Funded with $3.1 million.
2. Infant and maternal health - Doula services. Black babies and mothers, during birthing, die at a rate of three times that of White mothers and babies. My Doula Bill authorizes Medicade to pay for Doula Birthing Services. Studies show that women using Doula services have much better birthing outcomes. Doula services in Maryland being funded with $70 million this year.
3. Charles County Sports and Wellness Center
4. Boys and Girls Club – Bryans Road. Provide a grant to build the first Club in Charles County
5. Light Rail to Charles County. Charles County’s Commuters have the worst commute in the nation. My Light Rail Bill authorizes the building of light rail system, connecting with the Metro Branch Avenue station to Waldorf And White Plains.
6. Disabled veterans property Tax refund
7. Community College Promise Scholarship Expansion
8. Charles County Board of Education Reform
9. Drivers License or Real ID Cards for Inmates
10. Senate Funding for first Family Homeless Shelter in Charles County. I gave a direct grant to Lifestyles of Maryland which provided for over 60% of the building cost.
11. Veterans Education Protection Act
12. Employee Protection during Government Shutdown
13. Over $40 million in project funding
14. Over $1 million in 4 year scholarships to nearly 400 Charles County Students
That’s why I am endorsed by the Teachers, Labor Unions, Environmentalists, and others. I am also asking you for your vote to return me to the Maryland Senate to continue to fight for you!
Connect With Us