Quality of Life
Parks and Playground Equity
- Provide basketball courts in all public parks, community and school playgrounds.
- Acquire more greenspaces in the Waldorf Urban Core.
- Add bike trails and connect to existing ones
- Boys and Girls Clubs. Work with Charles County Sherriff and La Plata Police to open Clubs in Waldorf, Bryans Road, and La Plata.
- Build 4-H Center in the South County Agricultural Region
- Partner with YMCA/YWCA of the National Capital Area to open a gleaming Center in Waldorf. Partner with Charles County Health care providers such as University of Maryland Charles Regional and Shaw Associates.
- Build state of the art Senior Centers in Waldorf, South Charles County, and Western Charles County to include exercise facilities. Upgrade the La Plata Senior Center.
- Provide dedicated transportation for Seniors enrolled at the Senior Centers.
- Less than one percent (1%) of our population are military retirees. As a thank you for their service, their full military pension should be tax- free.
Drug Treatment Clinics
- Increase funding for addiction treatment for Outpatient and Inpatient Care.
- Increase funding for Sheriff to provide addiction treatment for incarcerated addicts.